Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Excerpt from The Binding

Here is the first excerpt from The Binding.  Enjoy!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
            “Okay, Lily,” says Tolan quietly.  “Are you sure you want to know?”
“Yes.” I reply without hesitation.
Tolan reaches for his beanie and removes it slowly.  He reaches up and ruffles his hair, but it is not his hair that I am staring at, it is his ears.  They look like ordinary ears with the exception of the gentle upward slope that ends in a soft point at the tip. 
Without thinking, my shock translates into words, “You’re a Vulcan?”
Tharin sits up, disgusted, “We’re Sidhe!  For crying out loud, Lily we’re Elves!  Vulcan?   Seriously?”
He tears his beanie off as well showing his own ears.  The roughness with which he pulls his beanie off ruffles his hair even more than Tolan’s, and all I can think of is how beautiful he is.  I want to reach up and smooth his hair into place.  I shut my eyes shaking my head trying to get my thoughts together.  The guy is such an intimidating distraction.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


5 comments: