Thursday, April 18, 2013

Book 3 - Teaser #2


It's been a long couple of weeks.  Despite everything going on with the move and my daughter's wedding, you've all been very patient.  So, as a thank you, here's a teaser from book 3.  Enjoy!


“Sorry,” she says, giving me an apologetic smile. She does not realize it’s her touch that caused me to wince, not the wound.

She slips her fingers into my waistband and gently moves it lower to see the wound fully. Without realizing the effect her touch has on me, she continues to gently prod and touch, causing sensations that have nothing to do with the burn. When she moves her hand around my waist to my back, the coolness of her touch on my heated skin is too much. I take another breath and raise my hands to interlock them behind my head.  By doing so, it will prevent me from following my basic urges and forget about the prophecy and its Virgin Queen.

“Tharin, I think you should lie down. It will be easier for me to heal you if I’m above you,” she says as she moves aside. The innocence of her words leads my thoughts down a path I struggle to keep at bay.

I move to the bed and slowly lower myself, lying back with my head against the headboard so I can watch her work. With hooded eyes, I watch as she takes a sudden breath when she finally sees me since she entered the room. For a moment, she’s frozen, glued to the spot as her eyes roam slowly along the length of my body. I smile inwardly when I see the color rise in her face and find comfort that she’s struggling as much as I am for control. 

Lily shakes her head as if coming out of a trance and takes another breath. She moves closer to the bed, and with a slight effort, concentrates once again on the wound. She places her hands over me, but unlike Tolan when he administers his healing, Lily actually lays her hands directly on me. The physical contact causes me to hold my breath at her light, cool touch; the soothing effect is instant. I wait for the initial pain that comes with the process, but there is only the soft whispering of Lily’s healing. I close my eyes and let her energy work its way around the burn area, putting out the fire. Everything about her energy is clean and pure, and the sensation of being out in the cool breeze slips along my skin, making me feel light, almost weightless.

I open my eyes slowly and realize I’m floating a foot off the bed. Lily still has her hands on my stomach, her eyes closed and she sways in place. A gold light comes off her and I watch in amazement as it pours gently onto me. The next second I drop to the bed and I am reaching out to catch her before she hits the floor. Lily is out cold. She has used up all of her energy to heal me.

Until the next time, good reading to all!
LF

20 comments:

  1. EKKKK! The wait is always bitter sweet! Keep on writing please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impatiently trying to be patient while I wait for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Melissa, I'm so excited...can't wait, too. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Candice...I love them, too. <3

      Delete
  5. Awww... a teaser is never enough when it comes from a GENIUS, AMAZING creator of dreams!
    Congrats on the wedding and the new son!
    We will be waiting patiently :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. You humble me with your kind words - love it! I can't believe it will be here soon. :)

      Delete
  6. Although I love teasers they sure do make the wait seem so long......I SERIOUSLY CAN'T WAIT!!!! I read all sorts of books but it is so rare to find a YA book that holds my attention like these ones have. I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PL! I'm so excited and can't for its release, too. It's a bittersweet feeling. :)

      Delete