Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Alorn...Happy?

Qmar/Reimarufiles.com
Artist Unknown
So, I have felt the backlash in releasing The Whispering; all of it pertaining to Alorn.  There is an outcry that he should get his own story, that he deserves his own happiness (or at least his pursuit of it).  Which brings me to ask...where have you been since The Binding?  I gave subtle hints to his first admiration for Lily that blossomed to something more as the story went on.  I mean you had to know by the time you were done reading The Drifting, right?

I have received dozens of emails from readers who want to be the one to bring this warrior elf to his knees.  

*Sigh*  It's always the dark, brooding, quiet ones...

4 comments:

  1. I just finished reading The Whispering and YES I'm glad to hear Alorn and Mellis' story will continue.

    I have to admit the storyline between Alorn and Lily was one of my favorite parts! The dream...the kiss...the mixed emotions...I wish it would have gone on longer to tell you the truth. I hope there is a bit of that between him and hopefully another heroine in the next book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MP!

      I know, it's one of my favorite storyline, too. I'm excited for the new series for Alorn and Mellis. I don't think Alorn will be tied to anyone right away, but someone just for him will come along. :)

      Thanks for stopping by, MP.
      LF

      Delete
  2. Aloha from Oahu! Just completed the trilogy in a week and it left me wanting more! Alorn is my favorite and would have loved a discussion between he and Lily about the 'dream' and kiss but, alas, it was not meant to be. Mellis and Thoran are close seconds in my book. Can't wait to read more, congrats from one Oahu girl to a former Oahu girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Delia! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Velesi trilogy and I am especially happy that you enjoyed them. :) There will be more coming with an Alorn and Mellis spin-off; I have no current release date yet, but it is in the works.

      As for the "dream" sequence between Lily and Alorn, I felt less was more, and it would have changed the ending scene between Alorn and Tharin, which was already thought out when I wrote The Binding. It also left a "what if" between Lily and the warrior elf. :)

      A warm thank you from once an Oahu girl, always an Oahu girl. Take care!
      LF

      Delete