Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ziri Lunar, The Lithi

By Jackomack 2012-2013
Ziri is Tharin's and Tolan's younger half-brother. Although he has the same moral trait of the twins, his Lithi blood stood him out physically.

When we first met Ziri in The Binding, he was an element to the story that could have gone either way. I am glad he became the character he is and have embedded himself into the Velesi story and into the hearts of readers.

I like Ziri...a lot. There was a time when I played with the idea of having something between Lily and Ziri. However, as his character formed I knew that unlike Alorn, Ziri's personality and character would not have been able to stand up to Lily. As her powers grew so did she. She needed someone with Tharin's stature to teach and allow her to grow into her own, and be strong and mature enough to protect her naivete and insecurities. I didn't feel that Ziri would have been able to keep pace with her developments. However, Alorn is Tharin's twin when it comes to physical and emotional strength.

I also didn't plan on having Ziri in the story until the mountain scene in The Binding.  I wanted to have a personal (family) conflict for Tharin and when Ziri stood up from his sitting position in front of the mountain to face him, I thought...why not?

I'm so glad I did.

The above picture is a rendering by Jackomack of Tom Hardy in the movie Warrior.  I couldn't find an elf warrior rendering that fit Ziri's personality.  This is the closest I could find (unfortunately, without the ears). There's a vulnerability to Ziri that defies his physical appearance.  And it is that one character trait that made Nameth so evil.


Until next time, good reading to all!
LF

No comments:

Post a Comment